Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Snowbud - Adagio

Adagio Snowbud Leaves
Adagio Snowbud Brewed

Snowbud is a white tea from the Fujian province of China. This tea is comprised entirely of unprocessed leaves and buds. I would describe a cup of Snowbud as very clean and delicate tasting. There was a very light hint of floral, but the flavor is definately more 'earthy' than that of White Peony.

I brewed this tea from Adagio with water that I let cool down for 3 minutes after boiling. About one tablespoon of leaves were steeped in two cups of water for six to seven minutes. This is a very delicate, even after such a long steeping time, the tea had just enough of a slight yellow tint to distinguish it from plain water.

Snowbud is a very mild flavored tea and I would not recommend this if you prefer the stronger flavors of black, flavored, or green teas. Even though I'm a fan of white teas, this one was still a bit too 'weak' and delicate for my taste.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. Adagio teas. Thanx for look

loose leaf tea lover said...

Funny, I describe this tea the same way...it is like smoking a cigar, but since I like cigars, I mean that in a good way. Its very macho.