Monday, August 07, 2006

Irish Breakfast - Adagio





Irish Breakfast is a smooth black tea that is great for breakfast, as its name implies.  Irish Breakfast is a blend of high grown Ceylon with a malty underscore of a hearty Assam.  The flavor of this tea is more mellow and deeper than the Ceylon Waltz that is also from Adagio.  This tea is very heavy and tends to coat the mouth, so it would be perfect with a bit of milk or lemon.


I steeped one heaping tablespoon of leaves with about 1.5 to 2 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes. The malty flavor of Irish Breakfast was very smooth with just a tiny bit of astringency.  However, the flavors in this tea are really understated, so it didn't really spark too much of an interest in me.

Maybe I need more variety from my teas, but I'm just not a fan of most black teas.  I think Irish Breakfast is a tea that would be appreciated by coffee drinkers and chocolate lovers.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: