Saturday, July 22, 2006

Emperor's White Tea - Republic of Tea

I'm personally not a fan of bagged teas, but my mom loves tea bags for the convenience.  So last week she got me a tin of Emperor's White Tea by The Republic of Tea.  Maybe I'm too used to drinking loose tea leaves, but this isn't what I expect from a white tea.

 I brewed this for about half a minute with about 8 oz. of water that was cooled for about 1.5 minutes after boiling. 

This tea has none of the delicate sweet flavors that I expect from any good white tea.  Another strike against this tea is that it was bitter!  So I adjusted my boiling temperatures to get rid of the bitterness.  I ended up with an even weaker flavored tea that was still bitter...

For what this product costs, $14 from their website, this is definately an overpriced tea for the quality that you're getting.

Here's another review I found for Emperor's Whtie Tea.
Kathy's review


Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: